To narrow your search, you'll need to "zoom in" on your topic. Just as placing an object under a microscope reveals detail that's not visible to the naked eye...narrowing your topic will help you identify more specific concepts and keywords. Your search results will be more focused.
- Just as you did when you chose your keywords, identify each of the major concepts in your topic.
- For each concept, make a list of specific examples or types.
- It may help to first consult a thesaurus, or do a test search to find synonyms (other ways to describe your concepts) and examples.
- If you can't find a more specific example of one of your concepts...don't worry. Just get as narrow as you can.
- Search for those more specific concepts, zooming in even further if needed!